International University Workshop
COPENHAGEN CHARRETTE 2015
11th-17th October 2015
URBAN LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE | SUSTAINABLE CITIES
- Beuth Hochschule für Technik, Berlin, Germany
- Centro Universitário Belas Artes de São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
- Fontys University of ICT, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- George Brown College, Toronto, Canada
- IADE Creative University, Lisbon, Portugal
- London South Bank University, London, United Kingdom
- Otis College of Art and Design, Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Scuola di Architettura, Politecnico di Milano, Milano, Italy
- KEA, Copenhagen, Denmark
KEA held its annual Charrette during in October of 2015.
Eighty students gathered for the event, including 65 international students from our various partner institutions around the world.
The students worked in groups on cases involving waste management solutions of four different sites. The cases were provided by local environmental organization Miljøpunkt Nørrebro.
120 Students and Advisors
Waste management is not the sexiest subject area, but it is an important topic for larger city communities: How do you create viable and attractive trash solutions that minimize waste and maximize user involvement? Each interdisciplinary student group would develop a physical design, a digital intervention, a visual brand, and a communication strategy to market their solution.
The Charrette gives the students an opportunity to experience a real-life working environment. It requires them to work across borders and specializations to reach a common goal – and that within a very tight deadline.
Raffaella Colombo Advisor | Professor in charge for the School of Architecture Politecnico di Milano